Industrial Jibs are I-Beam jib cranes by Gorbel and Spanco, available in freestanding, Mast type and column mounted; Cantilever and Bracket styles. Industrial Jibs are manual or motorized rotation and have capacities from 1/8 to 5 tons, as standard, and spans to 25’. Custom spans and capacities are also available.
If your loads are too heavy for our Ergonomic Cranes the Industrial Jibs are perfect under overhead cranes, and in open areas, or they can serve several work cells. These are also available for outdoor applications.
Steel I-Beam Tie Rod Jib Crane
Ergonomic Aluminum Tie Rod Jib Crane
Cantilevered Jib Crane
Cantilevered and Tie Rod Jib Cranes are an economical solution for individual work cells. The spans for the aluminum can range up to 20′ with a maximum capacity of 150 to 2,000 lbs. The steel tie rod jib has a standard span up to 30′ while the cantilevered jib can span 20′ but custom spans are available for both options. They both can have a capacity of 10,000 lbs.
Freestanding I-Beam Jib Crane
Freestanding Double Cantilever Jib Crane
Mast Style Jib Crane
Motorized Freestanding Jib Crane
Jib Crane Head Assembly
Freestanding Mounting Options
Jib Crane Motorized Retro-Fit Kit
Free Standing Jib Cranes are Gorbel’s most versatile crane. They are perfect to place underneath large bridge cranes. They are ideal in open areas where they can serve several workstations such as machining and assembly operations, or they can be overlapped with other jibs to provide staged operation. They can be either epoxy coated or galvanized for outdoor applications such as loading docks.
Gorbel’s Advantage: Ease of Operation
- Allows operators to position loads precisely, effortlessly and efficiently
- Precision tapered roller bearings in the top pivot and trunnion assemblies provide smooth operation and long life
- Full supporting triangular base plate gussets are used (in lieu of struts) to minimize crane deflection, thus making it easier to accurately position loads
- Ease of installation
- Independent head assembly installed separately from the boom for easier installation
- The recessed bearing assembly allows greatly reduced clearances needed for installation
- Bolted head / boom connection which permits separate installation and provides maximum lift for the hoist, since it can be installed very close to the underside of the lower ceiling obstruction for greater headroom
- Movable bolted trolley stops
- In-head totally enclosed, bottom entry collector assembly allows the option of easily adding power to the hoist for 360° rotation at the time of or after purchase
- Safety Head retaining pin provides resistance to accidental upward dislodgement of the head
- Full Rated Capacity
- Pre-engineered for use with powered hoists. A factor of 15% of the jib crane capacity is allowed for the hoist and trolley weight with an additional 25% of the capacity allowed for impact, thus giving full rated capacity use.
ERGONOMIC CONCEPTS is a full line ERGONOMIC material handling dealer providing a wide selection of products to solve most industrial lifting and positioning problems. Our goal is to provide the most cost effective ergonomic solutions for our clients.